Sunday, October 26, 2008

Thailand Journal – Entry 11 - A Great Spirit Approaches

Although it is the end of the rainy season here in Thailand, a storm can come out of nowhere. I was working on my computer today when I noticed, out of the corner of my eye, a massive low-hanging cloud cutting across the valley. It was like a great spirit approaching, as if some massive dragon were hidden in the clouds. It looked quite menacing, but after the rain started to fall, there was nothing to be worried about. After all, rain is one of the most powerful life-giving forces on earth and is something to be thankful for more often than not. I'm one of the few who love rainy days...I can spend hours just relaxing and watching it fall.

Anyway, here is video to show you...


*The music is actually Japanese...I don't have any good Thai music on my computer, but I wanted to add some music for dramatic effect.

Shortly afterwards, the cloud disappeared as fast as it arrived, leaving rain-soaked trees and wind-swept mountains. A stillness fell upon the valley and I was left with a sense of peace.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very cool video! I felt like I was there. :-)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That storm was really intense! We noticed you said a few words in the background and, I must say, it was nice to hear your voice again!